DIKSIA.COM - If you are a fan of romance, mystery, and young adult novels, chances are you have heard of Colleen Hoover. She is one of the most popular and prolific authors in the genre, with over 20 books published since 2012. Her books are known for their emotional intensity, steamy scenes, plot twists, and unforgettable characters.
But with so many books to choose from, how do you decide where to start? Do you read them in chronological order, publication order, or series order? Do you pick a standalone novel or a series? Do you go for the dark and edgy ones or the light and fluffy ones?
To help you navigate the world of Colleen Hoover books, we have created this ultimate guide that will give you all the information you need to enjoy her amazing stories. Whether you are a newbie or a veteran, this guide will help you find your next favorite read.
What are the different types of Colleen Hoover books?
Colleen Hoover has written books in various genres and formats, but they can be broadly categorized into three types: standalone novels, series, and novellas.
These are books that can be read on their own, without any connection to other books. They usually have a complete story arc and a satisfying ending. Some of her most popular standalone novels are:
- Ugly Love (2014): A steamy and angsty romance between a nurse and a pilot who agree to a no-strings-attached arrangement.
- Confess (2015): A heartfelt and artistic romance between a girl with a troubled past and a mysterious painter who uses confessions as inspiration.
- November 9 (2015): A unique and emotional romance between a writer and his muse who meet once a year on the same date.
- Too Late (2016): A dark and suspenseful romance between a girl trapped in an abusive relationship with a drug lord and an undercover agent who tries to save her.
- Without Merit (2017): A quirky and humorous story about a dysfunctional family and a girl who decides to run away from home.
- Verity (2018): A twisted and thrilling story about a writer who uncovers disturbing secrets about another writer whose unfinished manuscript she is hired to complete.
- Regretting You (2019): A moving and realistic story about a mother-daughter relationship that is tested by tragedy and betrayal.
- Heart Bones (2020): A sweet and touching story about two broken people who find healing and love in each other.
- Layla (2020): A paranormal and mysterious story about a man who tries to reconnect with his girlfriend after she survives a near-fatal attack.
- Reminders of Him (2022): A hopeful and inspiring story about a woman who is released from prison after serving time for killing her boyfriend.
These are books that are connected by characters, settings, or themes. They usually have cliffhangers or unresolved issues that are continued in the next book. Some of her most popular series are:
- Hopeless series: A series of four books that follow the lives of Sky Davis, Holder Dean, Six Smith, and Daniel Wesley as they deal with secrets, trauma, love, and friendship.
- Hopeless (2012)
- Losing Hope (2013)
- Finding Cinderella (2013)
- All Your Perfects (2018)
- Maybe Someday series: A series of three books that follow the lives of Sydney Blake, Ridge Lawson, Warren Silas, Bridgette Darringer, Maggie Carleton, and Brennan Carleton as they deal with music, passion, loyalty, and humor.
- Maybe Someday (2014)
- Maybe Not (2014)
- Maybe Now (2018)
- Slammed series: A series of three books that follow the lives of Layken Cohen, Will Cooper, Julia Cohen, Eddie Caruthers, Gavin Caruthers, Kel Cohen, Caulder Cohen, Kiersten Cohen, Sherry Cohen, Vaughn Cohen as they deal with poetry, family, grief, and love.
- Slammed (2012)
- Point of Retreat (2012)
- This Girl (2013)
- It Ends With Us series: A series of two books that follow the lives of Lily Bloom, Ryle Kincaid, Atlas Corrigan as they deal with abuse, domestic violence and courage.
- It Ends With Us (2016)
- It Starts With Us (2022)
These are short stories that can be read as standalone or as part of a series. They usually have a shorter length and a simpler plot. Some of her most popular novellas are:
- Finding Cinderella (2013): A novella that is part of the Hopeless series and tells the story of Daniel Wesley and Six Smith, who meet in a dark closet and fall in love.
- Maybe Not (2014): A novella that is part of the Maybe Someday series and tells the story of Warren Silas and Bridgette Darringer, who hate each other but share an apartment and a bed.
- Finding Perfect (2019): A novella that is part of the Hopeless series and tells the story of Holder Dean and Sky Davis, who face new challenges and surprises in their relationship.
- Never Never (2016): A novella that is co-written with Tarryn Fisher and tells the story of Charlie Wynwood and Silas Nash, who wake up one day with no memory of each other or themselves.
What is the best order to read Colleen Hoover books?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as different readers may have different preferences and opinions. However, here are some possible ways to read Colleen Hoover books:
This is the order in which the books were released by the author. This way, you can follow her writing journey and see how her style and themes evolved over time.