DIKSIA.COM - Owning a yacht is a dream come true for many people, but it also comes with a lot of responsibility. You want to keep your yacht in pristine condition, but the harsh marine environment can take a toll on your vessel. Sun exposure, saltwater, dock rash, fish blood, exhaust residue, and other factors can cause fading, chipping, scratching, and etching on your yacht's surface. Not only does this affect the appearance of your yacht, but it can also reduce its value and performance.
Fortunately, there is a solution that can help you protect your yacht from the elements and keep it looking good as new. It's called yacht armor, and it's a revolutionary product that uses marine protection film (MPF) to shield your yacht from various kinds of damage. In this article, we will explain what yacht armor is, how it works, what are its benefits and applications, and how you can get it for your yacht.
What is Yacht Armor?
Yacht armor is a brand name for a marine protection film that is specifically designed for boats and yachts. It is a thin, transparent, and self-healing film that is applied to the exterior of your yacht, covering the gelcoat, paint, or metal surface. Yacht armor is made with advanced marine nano-technology, which gives it superior protection and durability compared to other products on the market, such as ceramic coatings or wax.
Yacht armor can withstand the harshest of elements, such as UV rays, saltwater, abrasion, corrosion, and impact. It can also self-regenerate from most surface-level damages, such as scratches, scuffs, or swirl marks. Yacht armor is low-profile, meaning it does not alter the original look or feel of your yacht, but rather enhances it. Yacht armor is also easy to maintain, as it does not require any special care or treatment, and it comes with a 3-year guarantee.
What are the Benefits of Yacht Armor?
Yacht armor offers many benefits for yacht owners, such as:
- UV resistance: Yacht armor prevents fading and discoloration on your yacht's surface caused by sun exposure. It also blocks harmful UV rays that can degrade the structural integrity of your yacht and cause health issues for you and your passengers.
- Self-healing: Yacht armor can heal itself from minor damages, such as scratches, scuffs, or swirl marks, without the need for buffing or polishing. This saves you time and money on repairs and maintenance, and keeps your yacht looking flawless.
- Reduced maintenance: Yacht armor reduces the need for frequent washing, waxing, or polishing of your yacht, as it repels dirt, grime, water, and stains. It also protects your yacht from oxidation, corrosion, and mold, which can affect the performance and longevity of your yacht.
- Enhanced appearance: Yacht armor preserves the original color, gloss, and texture of your yacht, making it look shiny and new for longer. It also adds a layer of depth and clarity to your yacht's surface, making it more eye-catching and attractive.
- Increased value: Yacht armor can increase the resale value of your yacht, as it shows that you have taken good care of your vessel and that it is in excellent condition. It also gives potential buyers more confidence and peace of mind, as they know that your yacht is protected from the elements and has minimal wear and tear.
What are the Applications of Yacht Armor?
Yacht armor can be applied to various parts of your yacht, depending on your needs and preferences. Some of the most common applications are:
- Hull sides: The hull sides are the most visible and exposed part of your yacht, and they are prone to damage from docking, rubbing, or bumping. Yacht armor can protect your hull sides from scratches, chips, or dents, and keep them looking smooth and shiny.
- Outboard motors: The outboard motors are often your yacht's biggest investment, and they are also vulnerable to damage from sun, water, or debris. Yacht armor can protect your outboard motors from fading, chipping, or cracking, and keep them running efficiently and quietly.
- Screen protectors: The screen protectors are designed to protect your multifunction displays (MFDs) from scratching, marring, or etching caused by saltwater, dust, or fingerprints. They also reduce glare and improve visibility and clarity on your screens, especially in bright or harsh conditions.
How to Get Yacht Armor for Your Yacht?
If you are interested in getting yacht armor for your yacht, you will need to find a certified installer who can provide you with the best service and quality. Yacht armor is not a DIY product, as it requires professional skills and equipment to apply it properly and ensure optimal results. You can use the installer locator on the yacht armor website1 to find a certified installer near you, or you can apply to become a certified installer yourself if you are a marine industry expert who wants to offer this cutting-edge technology to your clients.