DIKSIA.COM - Are you looking for a sailing holiday that is social, fun, and adventurous? Do you want to explore some of the most stunning destinations in the world, while also having fun, meeting new people, and learning new skills? If so, then you might want to consider a flotilla holiday.
A flotilla holiday is a type of sailing holiday where you join a group of other boats and follow a set route with the guidance and support of a lead crew. You can choose from a variety of sailing areas, such as Greece, Croatia, Italy, and the United Kingdom, and sail at your own pace and decide how much time you want to spend on each activity. You can also enjoy social events and activities organized by the lead crew, such as beach barbecues, punch parties, wine tastings, and cultural tours.
In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about flotilla holidays, including what they are, how to book them, what to expect on them, and why you should choose them. Read on and discover the benefits of flotilla holidays and how to book one today.
What are flotilla holidays?
Flotilla holidays are a type of sailing holiday where you join a group of other boats and follow a set route with the guidance and support of a lead crew. Flotilla holidays are ideal for sailors of all levels, from beginners to experts, who want to enjoy the social and fun aspects of sailing in some of the most beautiful destinations in the world.
Flotilla holidays offer many benefits, such as:
- You can choose from a variety of sailing areas, such as Greece, Croatia, Italy, and the United Kingdom, and explore different cultures, landscapes, and attractions along the way.
- You can sail at your own pace and decide how much time you want to spend sailing, swimming, snorkeling, or relaxing on board or ashore.
- You can meet new people and make friends with other sailors who share your passion for sailing and adventure.
- You can learn new skills and gain confidence in sailing with the help of the lead crew, who are always available to offer advice, assistance, and tips.
- You can enjoy social events and activities organized by the lead crew, such as beach barbecues, punch parties, wine tastings, and cultural tours.
- You can have peace of mind knowing that you have a guaranteed mooring at the end of each day and that you have backup and support in case of any emergency or problem.
How to book a flotilla holiday?
Booking a flotilla holiday is easy and convenient. You can choose from a range of flotilla operators who offer different packages and options to suit your needs and preferences. Some of the things to consider when booking a flotilla holiday are:
- The size and type of boat you want to sail. You can choose from monohulls, catamarans, or even motorboats, depending on your budget, experience, and comfort level. You can also choose the number of cabins and berths you need, depending on the size of your group.
- The sailing area and route you want to follow. You can choose from different sailing areas, each with its own characteristics, challenges, and attractions. You can also choose the duration of your holiday, from one week to two weeks or more, and the level of difficulty of your route, from easy to moderate to challenging.
- The extras and services you want to add. You can choose to hire a skipper if you don't have enough experience or confidence to sail on your own, or you can choose to learn to sail on a flotilla with a qualified instructor. You can also choose to add extras such as food and drinks, insurance, transfers, and equipment to your package.
- The availability and price of your flotilla holiday. You can check the availability and price of your flotilla holiday online or by contacting the flotilla operator directly. You can also look for special offers and discounts that may be available for certain dates, destinations, or boats.
What to expect on a flotilla holiday?
A flotilla holiday is a unique and memorable experience that combines sailing, adventure, and socializing. Here are some of the things you can expect on a flotilla holiday:
- You will start your flotilla holiday by meeting the lead crew and the other sailors at the base marina, where you will receive a briefing on the itinerary, the weather, the sailing conditions, and the safety procedures. You will also get to know your boat and check that everything is in order.
- You will sail with the flotilla from one destination to another, following a set route that has been carefully planned by the lead crew. You will have the freedom to sail at your own pace and decide how much time you want to spend on each activity. You will also have the opportunity to explore the local areas, visit the attractions, and sample the cuisine.
- You will communicate with the lead crew and the other boats via radio, phone, or WhatsApp, and receive updates, information, and instructions. You will also have access to the lead crew's expertise and assistance in case of any question, problem, or emergency.
- You will join the flotilla for social events and activities that are organized by the lead crew, such as beach barbecues, punch parties, wine tastings, and cultural tours. You will also have the chance to mingle with the other sailors and share your experiences, stories, and tips.
- You will end your flotilla holiday by returning to the base marina, where you will check out your boat and say goodbye to the lead crew and the other sailors. You will also have the option to extend your holiday by staying ashore for another week or more, or by combining your flotilla holiday with another type of holiday, such as a city break or a resort stay.
Why choose a flotilla holiday?
A flotilla holiday is a great way to enjoy sailing in some of the most stunning destinations in the world, while also having fun, meeting new people, and learning new skills. A flotilla holiday is suitable for anyone who loves sailing, whether you are a beginner or an expert, a solo traveler or a group, a couple or a family. A flotilla holiday is also a flexible and affordable option, as you can choose the boat, the sailing area, the route, the duration, and the extras that suit your needs and preferences.